Vented Gas Log Set installs in a wood-burning fireplace to provide all the ambiance of a real wood fire, but without the work of hauling in logs, lighting the kindling, tending the fire, and hauling out the ash. You simply light the fire when you want it and turn it off when you’re done. Sand pan burners allow you to arrange the log set to suit your taste. Choose a traditional match-light set – or one of our new Manual or Millivolt Systems for even greater operating ease.
- A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
- Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run, but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
- Contemporary Loft Series Burners
- Good efficiency – 60 to 80%
- Good heat output with thermal transfer through the glass and air circulation
- Separates room air from combustion air
- May be used as primary heat source
- Can operate with a remote or thermostat
- Most systems can provide life-saving heat during a winter power outage
- Choose fireplace, insert, cast iron stove, or heater
- A vent-free Millivolt Loft Burner may also be installed as a decorative appliance in a vented fireplace to provide ambiance and light – but without the heat. In a vented installation, the burner cannot be operated by thermostat, and the flue damper must be blocked open. A damper clamp is included with all Loft burners. Because IP Loft Burners include a thermostat remote and may not be installed as decorative appliances, a non-thermostat remote is available.
- Loft Burners deliver a contemporary look with an artistic flair – by itself or accessorized to suit the room. Choose decorative tops and firebox liners, in reflective black or brushed stainless steel, and crushed glass in black polished, blue clear, and clear frost.
- 18, 24 and 30-inch Vent-Free Burners – up to 40,000 Btu
- Millivolt models include an on/off switch but will operate with Empire remote controls and thermostats
- Intermittent Pilot models include a variable flame height thermostat remote control with 30 percent turndown (for vent-free installation only)
- Special 10,000 Btu Millivolt model for bedroom applications (where allowed by code)